The North Lawndale Community Coordinating Council improves the physical, economic and social fiber of the local community through strategic and comprehensive planning, civic engagement and implementation of stakeholder-driven initiatives. We continually develop and execute bold community-driven solutions with the input of an engaged community that questions assumptions and challenges the status quo.
We envision North Lawndale as a healthy, vibrant community with a diversified and innovative economy, competitive work force, engaged citizens and infrastructure that supports long term, sustainable growth.
Our Core Values
The North Lawndale Community Coordinating Council is guided by nine core values. We are:
- Authentic and sincere in our community outreach and engagement
- Strategic in our implementation of community-driven initiatives and allocation of resources
- Transparent in our decision making processes and communication of results
- Ethical in all of our dealings
- Accountable to the North Lawndale community, its stakeholders and the general public
- Open-minded in our approaches to solving problems and engaging ;community stakeholders
- Respectful in our interactions with everyone with whom we come in contact during the transaction of official NLCCC business and in our representation of the group
- A group that provides a safe space for full self expression
We continually develop and execute bold community-driven solutions with the input of an engaged community that questions assumptions and challenges the status quo.